Monthly Service Series: Information for Community Partners
To request volunteers for the 16-17 monthly service series, please fill out our online intake form found here. More information on the days/themes can also be found on that web page. If you have additional questions, please contact Lacie Rhoden at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Center for Leadership and Service at 865-974-1039 or email@example.com.
General Volunteer Request Form
Use the form found at LSA.UTK.EDU to request student volunteers for an upcoming service event. Before submitting your request, please ensure that your service opportunity meets the requirements listed below. If your request does not meet all requirements but does meet the last two (indicated with *), we will place your request on our Sign Up to Serve calendar but will not be able to assign a leadership and service ambassador to lead your service experience. Please also notify our office if you would like to be added to our community partner contact list.
- Requests should be submitted at least ten days in advance of the service date. The sooner you submit a request, the longer we will have to promote to volunteers.
- Dates of service should fall when students are attending classes (i.e., not during fall break, spring break, winter break, administrative closings, official exam periods, etc.) View the academic calendar for details of breaks and closings. LSAs will most likely not be available to lead volunteers for summer requests.
- Service requests should not exceed a five-hour period or span more than one day.
- Service requests must not place student volunteers in harm’s way or expose them to drug or alcohol consumption.*
- Service requests must not utilize UT volunteers to sell items or collect money for an agency or institution.*
- Leadership and Service Ambassadors are unable to lead service Wednesdays from 3-5pm.
If you have further questions, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 865-974-1039. We look forward to working with you to lead and serve our global community!
Other resources: Online Volunteer Center
You can also submit Knoxville area volunteer needs and opportunities at the United Way of Greater Knoxville’s online volunteer center, where you can categorize your volunteer opportunities by interest area and date.