August 18-20 (move-in to assigned residence hall early!)
The Ignite Leadership Summit is a fun-filled three-day event for incoming students who want to learn about leadership and UT traditions.
Led by Ignite Team Leaders—who themselves are student leaders at UT, the Ignite Leadership Summit experience provides a warm welcome to Big Orange Country.
The Ignite Leadership Summit has two sessions and takes place at YMCA, Blue Ridge Assembly in Asheville, NC. The cost of $150 includes transportation via charter bus, air-conditioned lodging, meals, ropes course, a T-shirt, and program materials.
Use the link at the top of this page to register. No payment is required; we will charge your student account in August.
- Connect with current student leaders
- Participate in an outdoor challenge course (always “challenge by choice”)
- Participate in a UT traditions tournament
- Learn UT chants, cheers, and game day traditions
- Participate in leadership development workshops to learn your own leadership style, the importance of being an inclusive leader at UT, and how to identify and act in congruence with your personal values
- Enjoy bonfires, games, optional dance parties
A picture is worth a thousand words—take a look at a few from previous Ignite Leadership Summits on the Center for Leadership and Service Facebook page!