Register now for the 2014 Ignite Summit
The Ignite Summit is a fun filled 3-day event for incoming students who want to get inVOLved and learn about leadership. The Ignite program is geared toward freshmen who want to meet other students and learn about the University of Tennessee.
At the Ignite Summit, we’ll help you get plugged into the UT network and gain leadership skills early on in your college career. Led by Ignite Team Leaders (student leaders at UT), partnered with members of the university staff, the Ignite Summit experience provides students with a warm welcome to Big Orange Country, and helps jump-start your college career while giving you resources about involvement, leadership, teambuilding and UT traditions!
This year's TL team promises a fun filled weekend that you will never forget! The Ignite Summit will be offered at two different times in 2014: Session 1 is scheduled for June 20 - 22, 2014; Session 2 is scheduled for August 13-15, 2014 (registration for the August session will not open until the June spaces have filled). Students can register for Ignite Summit when they register online for Summer Orientation or by clicking here any time after your orientation registration is complete!
Why should I participate?
Ignite Summit is a great way to get a head start on your leadership and involvement at UTK! Not only will you leave knowing everything you need to know about being a Volunteer, you will also leave with new friends and great advice on how to get involved at The University of Tennessee!
Statistically, students who participate in the Ignite Summit have a greater success rate of persisting to their sophomore year at the university, compared with non-participants. Additionally, it is a ton of fun and you will make great memories and countless friendships!
"I absolutely loved Ignite. At first, I was really nervous about coming to college, but after this I am beyond excited to come to UT."- 2012 Ignite Participant
Highlights of the Program
- Connect with current staff, faculty and student leaders
- Have frequent team meetings throughout the three day experience to get to know your 12-15 teammates, two team leaders and team facilitator on a more personal level
- Participate in an outdoor challenge course (this is always "challenge by choice")
- Participate in a UT traditions tournament
- Learn all of the UT chants, cheers and game-day traditions to get ready for the upcoming season!
- Create your own team cheer, flag and chant
- Participate in leadership development workshops to learn your own leadership style, the importance of being an inclusive leader at UT, and how to identify and act in congruence with your personal values
- Network with current student leaders and advisors to campus organizations on campus to get a head start on being a student leader at UT!
- Enjoy bonfires, games, optional dance parties and indoor and outdoor activities.
A picture is worth a thousand words... take a look at a few from previous Ignite Summits on the Center for Leadership & Service's facebook page!
Check out our FAQ sheet to get answers to all your questions about Ignite Summit! Still have questions? Contact us at email@example.com.