Ignite Leadership Summit
Ignite 2016 Registration opens January 15th
The Ignite Summit is a fun filled 3-day event for incoming students who want to get inVOLved and learn about leadership.
At the Ignite Leadership Summit, we’ll help you get plugged into the UT network and gain leadership skills early on in your college career. Led by Ignite Team Leaders (student leaders at UT), partnered with members of the university staff, the Ignite Summit experience provides students with a warm welcome to Big Orange Country, and helps jump-start your college career while giving you resources about involvement, leadership, teambuilding and UT traditions!
This year's TL team promises a fun filled weekend that you will never forget! The Ignite Leadership Summit will be offered June 24-26, 2016. Students can register for each program by using the link at the top of this page. No payment is required to register, however, we will charge your student account for the appropriate amount in August.
Why should I participate?
Ignite Leadership Summit is a great way to get a head start on your leadership and involvement at UTK! Not only will you leave knowing everything you need to know about being a Volunteer, you will also leave with new friends and great advice on how to get involved at The University of Tennessee!
Statistically, students who participate in the Ignite Summit have a greater success rate of persisting to their sophomore year at the university, compared with non-participants. Additionally, it is a ton of fun and you will make great memories and countless friendships!
"I absolutely loved Ignite. At first, I was really nervous about coming to college, but after this I am beyond excited to come to UT." -Ignite Participant
Highlights of the Program
- Connect with current staff, faculty and student leaders
- Have frequent team meetings throughout the three day experience to get to know your 12-15 teammates, two team leaders and team facilitator on a more personal level
- Participate in an outdoor challenge course (this is always "challenge by choice")
- Participate in a UT traditions tournament
- Learn all of the UT chants, cheers and game-day traditions to get ready for the upcoming season!
- Participate in leadership development workshops to learn your own leadership style, the importance of being an inclusive leader at UT, and how to identify and act in congruence with your personal values
- Network with current student leaders and advisors to campus organizations on campus to get a head start on being a student leader at UT!
- Enjoy bonfires, games, optional dance parties and indoor and outdoor activities.
A picture is worth a thousand words... take a look at a few from previous Ignite Leadership Summits on the Center for Leadership & Service's facebook page!
Check out our Ignite FAQs to get answers to all your questions about Ignite Summit! Still have questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.