Leadership Knoxville Scholars (LKS) takes an innovative approach to leadership education through community partnerships, bringing together student leaders in collaboration with Leadership Knoxville. LKS targets the best and brightest student leaders at the University of Tennessee and connects them to impactful leaders within the Knoxville community. LKS operates under the core values of servant leadership, community building, and social change. LKS is an intensive two-year leadership development and community immersion program.
Applications for the 2018-2020 cohort will be available in February 2018.
- Two separate Educational Leadership and Policy Studies (ELPS) courses focusing on leadership theory and development, civic engagement, and the Knoxville community
- One-on-one mentorship from a prominent community leader from the Leadership Knoxville program.
- Monthly roundtables to engage in professional and leadership development, and Knoxville education topics
- Partnership with local non-profits to complete a Community Action Project (CAPs)
- Service immersion experiences each Fall and Spring
- Days of service, cohort retreats, and more!
Interested in seeing the 2016-2018 Mentor/Scholar pairings or Community Action Projects? Click below!
- Mentor & Scholar Pairings 16-18
- 2016 -2018 Community Action Project Descriptions
- 17-19 Learning Agreement
What Are Participants Saying about LKS?
“[Leadership Knoxville Scholars] is without a doubt the favorite program I participated in during my time at UT. These two years have challenged, empowered, and encouraged me to be a leader in my community, and it taught me to explore Knoxville and plant roots for the future.”
“Being in LKS has given me the opportunity to be a part of an organization that teaches me more about Knoxville and the people that make it so unique.”
For questions about Leadership Knoxville Scholars or more information on how to apply, e-mail email@example.com or call 865-974-1039.